CFPUA Hurricane Matthew Preparations
1) CFPUA has at least one month’s supply for water treatment additives and a two-weeks’ supply of liquid oxygen.
2) We have adjusted our water sampling schedules to ensure that proper testing will continue throughout the storm, whenever and however it may impact the area.
3) All fuel storage will be topped off by the end of the day today.
4) All emergency generators have been tested, in addition to our regular weekly testing program.
5) All emergency employee rosters have been confirmed and appropriate staff has been placed on standby.
CFPUA maintains nearly $400 million dollars of infrastructure in low-lying areas that could be impact by a major storm. We encourage our customers – and everyone in the county – to continue to prepare for the worst and make sure their provisions include an adequate emergency supply of water. www.ready.gov/hurriances suggests people store at least one gallon of water per person for three days. A normally active person needs about 3/4ers of a gallon of fluid (water and other drinks) daily.