Lane closures scheduled for Saturday, May 22, and Sunday, May 23, on South 17th Street and Dawson Street have been canceled. Road pavement work in those areas will be rescheduled at a later date.
Lanes at two locations near downtown Wilmington will be temporarily closed to traffic this weekend while crews complete road pavement work following repairs to CFPUA sewer infrastructure.
Work will begin at 7 a.m. on both Saturday, May 22, and Sunday, May 23, and will last until the evening each day.
The following lane closures and traffic changes will be in effect:
- South 17thStreet and Oleander Drive:
- Left lane of Oleander Drive closed between Dawson Street and South 17th Street
- Right lane of South 17th Street and street-side parking closed between Oleander Drive and Wooster Street
- Commercial driveways will remain open
- South Fifth Avenue at Dawson Street:
- South Fifth Avenue closed to traffic south of the intersection with Dawson Street; southbound turning traffic will remain open
- Right lane of Dawson Street closed between South Fourth Street and South Sixth Street
See below for maps of the closures: