CFPUA Technical Standards
- Updated Technical Standards will be Effective 1/1/2021 (2021 Standards Updates)
- CFPUA Technical Standards consist of the four (4) documents shown below. These documents are designed for Professional Engineers for the design of our water and sewer infrastructure.
- The Technical Specifications are designed to be guide specifications. If the design engineer of record elects to review these specifications and incorporate them (as written) in their design, under their seal, then these PDF documents are available for download.
- If the design engineer of record elects to vary from the specifications, then that engineer should use our online Contact Form to request specifications in Microsoft Word.
- When the design is submitted for review, any changes should be shown as track changes on the MS Word document or call out by cloud and revision note on the details so that they can be reviewed by our staff during the initial comment period.
- These instructions include professional engineers under contract to developers, as well as those under contract to CFPUA.
- Revisions to these guide specifications should be consistent with the CFPUA Technical Standards. If revisions vary, inconsistency from the published Technical Standards shall be identified as part of project submittal.
- We appreciate the cooperation of the engineering community in participating in the continual improvement of our specifications and details in the interest of protecting public health and welfare along with the sustainable operation of our systems, consistent with our mission to provide high-quality service in an environmentally responsible manner, while maintain the lowest practical cost.
Standard Drawing Details (Effective 1/1/2021) Red Lined - Only for Details that Changed
The updated standards are effective on January 1, 2021. Projects must comply with the updated standards based on the transition schedule shown below:
Which Standards Apply
|Projects in construction on 1/1/2021||Continue with previous standards|
|Projects with a NCDEQ permit on 1/1/2021|
Pre-con held with 120 days of permit
Pre-con held after 120 days of permit
Continue with previous standards
Current standards apply
|Projects with CFPUA Approved plans before 1/1/2021|
Pre-con held 180 days after plan approval
|Current standards apply|
|Projects in design before 1/1/2021|
Complete design before 1/1/2021
Completed design after 1/1/2021
Pay attention to pre-con date after permit Current standards apply