- 9 a.m.
- 2nd Wednesday of each month
- Lucie Harrell Conference Room, New Hanover County Building
Monthly Board Meeting Summary
The Cape Fear Public Utility Authority held its regular meeting on Wednesday, June 8, 2022. The Board adopted a new Strategic Plan in support of CFPUA's role in the community as the provider of water and sewer services. The Board adopted resolutions supporting the award of low-interest loans for infrastructure needs from the State of North Carolina and approved contracts in keeping with the conduct of its regular business. Agenda items and committee reports may be viewed through the "agendas and minutes" link found below. The next regular meeting will be July 13, 2022.
Donna S. Pope, Clerk to the Board
Meetings are televised and are posted in the video archives once available. They may also be viewed on the New Hanover County and City of Wilmington television stations.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
2022 MEETING SCHEDULE
January 12, 2022
February 9, 2022
March 9, 2022
April 13, 2022
May 11, 2022
June 8, 2022
July 13, 2022
August 10, 2022
September 14, 2022
October 12, 2022
November 9, 2022
December 14, 2022
Policy for Public Comment
CFPUA establishes the following policy for public comment before the Authority Board. All comments and suggestions addressed to the Board during the Public Comment Period shall be subject to the following guidelines:
- The public comment period shall be held at the beginning of the meeting on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 9 a.m. and shall last no longer than 15 minutes. Time can be extended at the discretion of the Board.
- Each speaker will have a maximum of 4 minutes to make remarks.
- No time will be yielded to a speaker by another speaker.
- Persons who wish to address the Board will register on a sign-up sheet that will be available in the meeting room. The sign-up sheet will be available 15 minutes before the start of the meeting.
- Persons who wish to address the Board regarding items on the day’s agenda shall notify the Clerk prior to the meeting and register on the sign-up sheet identifying the item to be discussed. The Board shall entertain a motion and vote as to whether or not a person may speak regarding an Agenda item.
- Speakers will be acknowledged by the Board in the order in which their names appear on the sign-up sheet. Speakers will address the Board from the lectern and begin their remarks by stating their name and address.
- Public comment is not intended to require the Board to answer any impromptu questions. Any action on items brought up during the comment period will be at the discretion of the Board.
- Speakers will discuss issues germane to the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority.
- Speakers shall not discuss matters deemed to be "closed session" type issues (personnel matters, litigation, property acquisition, attorney-client privilege, matters made confidential bylaw, and matters which are the subject of public hearings).
- Speakers will not discuss matters regarding the candidacy of any person seeking public office, including the candidacy of the person addressing the Board.
- Speakers will be courteous in their language and presentation. Profanity and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Written comments and/or supporting documents maybe left with the Clerk to the Board.
View and print this document (PDF).